Undergraduate Performance Scholars
Closed on 9/10/2017 at 11:59 PM.
Discover the impact of art in your life through a project that unites your discipline and educational experience at Texas A&M.
Welcome to the application for the Undergraduate Performance Scholars Capstone program!
To apply to this program you will need to have earned a cumulative 3.0 GPR or better at Texas A&M and have established a relationship with an advisor specializing in your particular artistic field of interest. You will need a two page proposal of your project/performance that has been approved by your advisor.
You must submit a proposal detailing the artistic project to be carried out over the course of the year and a timeline for the planning and implementation of your project. LAUNCH will notify successful candidates of their acceptance into the program by Friday, September 1, the last day of the add/drop period.
As an Undergraduate Performance Scholar, you will be responsible for:
- The conduct of your project with the oversight of your UPS advisor.
- Attendance of an MSC OPAS or Community Arts Event.
- A one-page observation assignment at the beginning of the semester.
- Three one-page reflections in response to writing prompts each semester.
- A blog or public presentation about your project in the following semester.
- A public presentation/performance showcasing your project by December 6th.