Each spring semester, eligible students are invited to apply for the University Scholars program. The extensive online application consists of a personal data page, 3 one-page essays (Essay A, Essay B, and Essay C), a one page works-cited page for Essay B, a one page short story (following a prompt), an unofficial transcript, and a recommendation form. The essays, short story, and transcript should all be combined and uploaded as a single PDF into the application portal.
Format: single spaced, 12 point Times New Roman, 1 inch margins.
To be invited to apply for the University Scholars program, students must
- Be a second semester Freshman at Texas A&M University-College Station
- Have established a cumulative GPR of 3.5 or better
The selection committee looks for candidates looks for candidates who demonstrate:
- intellectual curiosity and adaptability
- a depth of critical thinking and self-awareness
- poise, maturity, and professionalism
- awareness of national and global issues
- the ability to engage in rigorous conversation
- Applications typically open late January
- Application deadline is typically late February
- Finalists are notified in mid-late March
- Interviews: second week of April
- Final Decisions: Sent within three to four weeks of the end of the spring semester