Home > Undergraduate Research
> Undergraduate Research Ambassadors
> How to Apply
How to Apply
The application for the 2017-2018 Class of Undergraduate Research Ambassadors closes on Monday, April 3, 2017 at noon. The application includes submission of a resume, a few short answer questions about your undergraduate research experiences, and a letter of recommendation from your faculty mentor/research advisor.
To be eligible for this program, students must:
- Have at least one semester of faculty-mentored undergraduate research experience.
- Have at least 60 credit hours (24 hours at TAMU)
- Have and maintain a GPR of 3.0 or higher.
- Possess outstanding oral communication skills.
- Be able to enthusiastically describe your undergraduate research to a general audience.
- Be willing to serve as a source of information on how to get involved in undergraduate research.
- Provide a letter of support from a Texas A&M faculty mentor.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Participate in one day of training the week before Fall classes begin.
- Participate in up to 10 hours of flexibly-scheduled activities per semester, including facilitating workshops, advising students participating in LAUNCH programs, and making presentations to classes, student organizations, prospective students, parents, and VIPs.
- Represent a diversity of academic disciplines across campus, including science, engineering, arts, humanities, business, and social sciences.
- Represent undergraduate research to student organizations, prospective students and parents, and VIPs.
- Attend occasional Ambassador meetings.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to one of our current Ambassadors.