Registration Now Open!
Now accepting abstract submissions from 2019-2020 Undergraduate Research Scholars to present at the URS Symposium on February 26, 2020! Deadline to Register: January 29, 2020 at noon
Who are you presenting to?
- Faculty, staff, post-docs, and graduate students have been invited to be active listeners and moderators. They will provide feedback on your research projects and presentation skills. There is no guarantee that you will be presenting to an expert in your field, so all presentations should be understandable by a general audience.
- Undergraduate students in LAUNCH: Honors and LAUNCH: Learning Communities programs will visit presentations throughout the day and are assigned reflection activities (they may be walking around taking notes on your presentations) to help them discover their own research interests and learn what research presentation venues look like.
- The event is free and open to the public! Feel free to invite your faculty advisor, professors, classmates, friends, and anyone else you’d like.
Who is giving you feedback?
Presentations at the URS Symposium will not be formally judged, and there are no prizes associated with the event. Remember that the purpose of these presentations is to help you improve your oral communication skills in a low-stakes environment. However, our active listeners have been asked to focus on the following three areas and provide helpful feedback as they interact with you during your presentation:
- Body language and delivery
- Effective communication of the research question and why it is important
- Effective visual aids (if used)