Application opening June 1st.
Work load: 12-20 hours per week
What we believe:
- Apply through Jobs for Aggies
- IMPORTANT >> In your cover letter, please include a link to an online portfolio or the social media handles (e.g. @successtamu) for any accounts you have created content for.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission
and living our core values
Who we are:
LAUNCH provides high-impact educational experiences and challenges students in all academic disciplines to graduate from an enriched, demanding curriculum. The programs administered by the office bring together outstanding students and faculty to build a community of knowledge-producers, life-long learners, nationally-recognized scholars, and world citizens. Through LAUNCH, motivated students have access to Honors courses, co-curricular enrichment activities, scholarly engagement, and/or research programs that can be customized to enhance each student's personal, professional, and intellectual development. LAUNCH joins the university community in making Texas A&M a welcoming environment for all individuals. We are committed to helping our students understand the experiences that make each of us unique and appreciate the shared values that bring us together.
What we want:
LAUNCH (specifically MaroonBase, Honors, and Innovation[X]) is looking for a Student Technician in Social Media to serve as a member of the media team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring a positive attitude as well as willingness to experiment and a strong drive to always produce a high-quality product. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
- Drafts written content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Schedules content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize engagement;
- Engages in social media presence creation by commenting on followers’ accounts and liking/following other relevant accounts;
- Works with media team to create dynamic written, graphic, and video content;
- Assists social media management with related projects and events;
- Has an awareness of local campus news and events and ties that into social media posts when relevant;
- Collects analytics monthly and reports success of existing social media campaigns;
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content;
• One year of experience posting social media content in a professional or volunteer setting
• Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Ability to work remotely if needed
• Must be available to work during the spring, summer, and fall semesters (not including breaks)
• Undergraduate students preferred
- To develop their ability to gather and interpret social media analytics. To gain experience working with a team of creative people. To improve their basic professional skills like communication, teamwork, and critical thinking.