Application OPEN until September 25, 2021
Work load: 12-20 hours per week
Who we are:
LAUNCH provides high-impact educational experiences and challenges students in all academic disciplines to graduate from an enriched, demanding curriculum. The programs administered by the office bring together outstanding students and faculty to build a community of knowledge-producers, life-long learners, nationally-recognized scholars, and world citizens. Through LAUNCH, motivated students have access to Honors courses, co-curricular enrichment activities, scholarly engagement, and/or research programs that can be customized to enhance each student's personal, professional, and intellectual development. LAUNCH joins the university community in making Texas A&M a welcoming environment for all individuals. We are committed to helping our students understand the experiences that make each of us unique and appreciate the shared values that bring us together.
What we want:
LAUNCH is looking for a Student Technician in Information and Communications to help manage the style and substance of the MaroonBase Student App. This job is for someone capable of doing lots of data entry, gathering information about TAMU activities and communities, developing and maintaining relationships with “group owners” (units across campus that give away their own points within MaroonBase),“event runners” (units across campus that run events for which we offer incentives to attend), “users” (students from entering freshman to Ph.Ds, as well as assorted staff, faculty, and administration), and other LAUNCH team members in planning campaigns related to email, print, and social media.
We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring a positive attitude as well as willingness to experiment and a strong drive to always produce a high-quality product. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
We are constantly looking for new opportunities for students to use MaroonBase to engage with TAMU and help track their experience outside of the classroom, through lectures, service projects, workshops, performances, etc. This student worker will balance working with other people by talking/presenting about MaroonBase, corresponding with users, and working with technical helpers for troubleshooting, as well as more independent tasks like research and data entry.
- Become an expert on all facets of MaroonBase Program.
- Able to discuss or present information to potential users and event owners.
- Enter event information into MaroonBase admin site (with training).
- Bulk upload event and point information (with training).
- Search for appropriate events for MaroonBase.
- Picks out events that need to be promoted on the website and social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Offer customer service and troubleshoot app issues with users (with training).
- Draft PPTs and instructional materials for students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains and develops relationships with MaroonBase partners around campus (units that can have their events added, student orgs, groups that give away their own points, etc.).
- Assist in monthly drawings and other giveaways.
- Works with external technology vendors on app maintenance.
- Has the ability to produce work quickly under tight deadlines.
- Works with Assistant Director to continually analyze the app and system for improvement.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to think independently.
- Great organizational skills and ability to problem solve are important.
- Ability to critically think about student needs and opportunities for connection.
- Other skills may be needed or can be developed, based on future project requirements
- To develop their ability to gather, interpret, and communicate information about the program.
- To provide customer service to students, faculty, and staff.
- To gain experience working with a team of creative people.
- To improve their basic professional skills like communication, teamwork, and critical thinking.