LAUNCH Written Communication Intern Application
Closed on 11/1/2021 at noon.
The LAUNCH office at Texas A&M University is seeking an experienced part-time intern to assist in defining the office’s brand identity as well as the individual personalities of its programs through the development of various marketing assets.
The LAUNCH office at Texas A&M University is seeking an experienced part-time student assistant to assist in coordinating and executing the office’s written communication efforts, including but not limited to blogs, emails, advertisements, social media posts, newsletters, and websites. In accordance with the Texas A&M Brand, and under the guidance of a Program Coordinator, this student assistant will assist in the planning, creation, and implementation of the LAUNCH brand through different marketing and communication campaigns.
- Work Days/Times: M-F, 8-5
- Hours Per Week: Minimum of 12
- Wage/Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Start Date: As early as 11/22/2021
- Have superior written and verbal communication skills, be able to work comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, team environment, and be open to constructive criticism and feedback.
- Have genuine enthusiasm for writing compelling stories for and about students, faculty, and staff in higher education, as well as a desire to bring new ideas and narratives from concept through to completion using a wide range of tools and resources.
The LAUNCH office has an extremely broad audience ranging from high school students and their parents to Former Students and the Board of Regents, so applicants must be able to strategically analyze the trends of today to deliver fresh approaches to communication in higher education.
- Assist in the development of effective and comprehensive communication campaigns through written content using modern concepts for both print and digital media.
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing blog posts and spotlights, news stories and press releases, social media and website content, and audio/video transcripts.
- Work collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff on blog spotlights, and gather information for stories through observation, interviews, and questionnaire forms.
- Coordinate with the social media student assistant to post blogs to social media accounts.
- Maintain a monthly communication calendar.
- Field input by staff members in LAUNCH to identify areas in which a shared narrative can be formed and the most effective means of reaching specific audiences.
- Perform creative, technical, and administrative duties associated with the creation, evaluation, and publication of promotional materials and messages. This includes but is not limited to creating new content, revising existing content, presenting and proofing content prior to publication, coordinating with vendors, and distributing content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, team environment
- Openness to constructive criticism and feedback
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail, time management skills, exceptional initiative & follow-through skills
- Eager to take the initiative in getting assistance and making suggestions
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Google Applications, particularly Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and others
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in copywriting and editing
- Knowledge of communications media and telecommunications technology
- Experience with WordPress or other blog platforms
- Experience with photography, photo editing, and retouching/resizing images
- Experience with HTML, website content management, and graphic design
- Prior knowledge of undergraduate research programming in higher education
- Prior experience with the Explorations journal
- Familiarity with email marketing programs
- Proficiency in additional Adobe Creative Suite programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Dreamweaver
- Ability to work remotely
- Supervisor: Annabelle G. Aymond, Program Coordinator for Undergraduate Research
- Phone: (979) 458-0039
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to Online Portfolio or Writing Samples
- Basic Information
- 3 Short Answer Questions