Undergraduate Research Scholars
Closed on 9/11/2023 at 11:59 AM.
Write and present an undergraduate thesis under faculty guidance as a team or an individual. Eligible students are invited to apply for the Undergraduate Research Scholars (URS) program each year between June and September.
The URS application consists of two parts:
- Part 1: Intent to Apply (YOU ARE HERE)
- Part 2: Completed application template submitted to the Scholars Thesis Submittal System (STSS) that includes:
- Research compliance acknowledgement
- Contingency plan
- Undergraduate Research Scholars teams may consist of 2-5 students working with the same faculty advisor.
- ALL team members must individually submit both parts of the application. However, the document team members submit during Part 2 of the application must be identical. We recommend that all team members submit both parts at the same time in a single sitting.
- Note: Faculty advisors must individually approve each team member's application.
Part 1 of the 2023-2024 Undergraduate Research Scholars Application
Write your answers in the URS Application Part 1 Planning Template and cut and paste them into this online form in a single sitting. Download the Part 1 Planning Template from the URS Thesis Application page. Your work will be lost if you navigate away from this page before submitting.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about the application process or program requirements. Additional information can be found on the main URS program page.
You are required to sign in with your NetID and Password below to access both application parts.