Mr. Watts joined The Friedkin Group as President. The Friedkin Group serves as an umbrella company overseeing business interests that are principally automotive related, including Gulf States Toyota, Inc., a wholesale distributor of Toyota vehicles and products, and various private investments, including companies specializing in real estate and hospitality.
Prior to joining The Friedkin Group, Mr. Watts was Vice Chairman and Managing Partner-Houston of the 700-attorney law firm of Locke Lord LLP, with over 26 years of experience in corporate and securities law, governance and related matters.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1984
- B.S., Texas A&M University, 1980
- Board of Directors, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (Houston Branch), Board Chair 2017-2019
- Board of Director, Service Corporation International
- Board of Director, Highland Resources, Inc.
- Board of Director, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
- Past Chairman, United Way of Greater Houston, 2015-2018; Campaign Chair, 2014
- Board of Directors, Greater Houston Partnership, Board Chairman, 2018-2019
- Board Member, Houston Methodist Hospital Foundation
- Member, Council of Overseers, Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business
- Board and Executive Committee Member, Houston Ballet
- River Oaks Country Club, Houston, TX
- Congaree, Ridgeland, SC (Ambassador)