The URS Symposium is free and open to the public.
How to Check-in
- Student Audience Members and General Members of the Public: Check in using a QR code at the check-in tables in front of each room. Please check-in for each session and room you visit.
- Student Presenters, Active Listeners, and Moderators: Check-in at the tables in front of your assigned rooms.
How to Find the Event
Tips for Attendees
- Be advised that Texas A&M University System Rules as well as Texas A&M University Student Rules apply.
- We encourage a scholarly and respectful exchange of ideas, inquiry, and feedback.
- Listen to the message Undergraduate Research Scholars are trying to get across to their audiences and stay open minded.
- Be aware of how your own worldview impacts how a presentation is received.
- Show respect for presenters and event organizers by being in your seat when a presentation is scheduled to begin.
- Don't get up and leave in the middle of a presentation if you can help it.
- Enter and exit oral session rooms quietly during transition times only. If you know you need to leave early, sit towards the back of the room.
- Do not interrupt presenters and do not cause unnecessary distractions during a presentation.
- Criticize ideas, not people. Give evidence for your positions and avoid sweeping generalizations.
- If your feedback is of a more personal nature, try to provide that privately.
- Practice good listening skills. Restate your understanding of the presentation materials to confirm that the delivery of the material was effective.
- An abstract book and full event schedule will be released closer to the day of the event.