LAUNCH: Capstones provides a year-long integrative experience that allows students to combine their career goals, majors, and interests in faculty-mentored independent projects that focus on leadership, research, community service, teaching, or performance. All students at Texas A&M can apply to complete a capstone.
All of our capstones meet the following expectations:
- Have a proposal process that demonstrates synthesis of the background and theory of the field,
- Have a timeline describing when you will meet expectations and be evaluated,
- Be completed under the guidance of a faculty mentor (or similar expert), and
- Have extended commitment, either taking place over more than one semester or be an equivalent investment of time.
- Require periodic reflection on the learning taking place,
- Result in a scholarly product appropriate for the field,
- Include a public presentation (n.b. if a departmental capstone is used, the public presentation must be someplace more public than the class for which the project was completed).
Click the buttons to see the different capstone options!