Century Scholars Mentors positively impact the lives of freshman in the Century Scholars Program (CSP) through the facilitation of classroom activities and discussion, small and large groups meetings, and provide support in academic and social settings throughout the year.
To apply to become a Century Scholars Mentor, students must:
- Have and maintain a at least a 2.5 GPR at time of application and at end of spring semester (preference given to those with higher GPRs)
- Be able to fit a UGST 181 course section in their schedule
- Be able to complete at least one year of service
- Desire to facilitate classroom activities and discussions
- Desire to gain presentation skills and individual mentoring skills
- Desire to impact students, give back to the Century Scholars program, and go above and beyond to make a difference!
Century Scholars Mentors spend about 18-20 hours per month on Century Scholars-related tasks. These tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Mentor team meetings
- UGST 181
- Small and large community events
- Development activities
Mentors receive extensive training in August before fall classes start, and attend various events with Century Scholars during Howdy Week. Century community service and scholarship participation requirements are waived during the semester(s) a student serves as a mentor.
Apply to be a CS Mentor
The application for 2024-2025 Century Scholars Mentors is open now until January 22nd