The 2023-2024 application will close on September 11, 2023 at 11:59 AM Central Time.
New application instructions and a universal template are available now!
Attend an Upcoming Informational Session
Interested in writing an undergraduate research thesis? Attend one of our Informational Sessions to find out how to apply to the 2023-2024 URS thesis program! The next informational sessions will be August 31 and September 8. Registration required.
REGISTER ON ERS
The Undergraduate Research Scholars (URS) thesis program seeks to provide eligible undergraduates with a graduate student experience by allowing them to participate in research and communicate their findings as principal authors to the University's scholarly community.
Undergraduates who participate in the Undergraduate Research Scholars program will ultimately:
- Produce a written undergraduate thesis to be published in the Undergraduate Research Scholars Capstone Collection in the Texas A&M OAKTrust Repository
- Make a public presentation
- Earn a university-level honors transcript distinction along with a URS medallion as official graduation regalia
- Acquire knowledge beyond the classroom
- Gain a better understanding of graduate school
- Improve their chances for acceptance into graduate or professional schools, fellowships, and grants
- Develop a professional network of students and faculty
To apply for the 2023-2024 Undergraduate Research Scholars program, students must:
- Be actively involved in an independent undergraduate research project throughout both the fall and spring semesters under the mentorship of a Texas A&M faculty member
- Have completed at least 90 credit hours (senior status) of undergraduate course work (juniors are eligible to apply with a letter of recommendation from the faculty advisor)
- Have at least 12 credit hours at Texas A&M University
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPR of at least 3.0
- Be expecting to graduate May 2024 or later