The 2021-2022 application closed on September 13, 2021 at noon.
Note to Program Applicants: The URS Program Orientation will be in a virtual format.
Attend an Upcoming Informational Session
Interested in writing an undergraduate research thesis? Attend one of our Informational Sessions to find out how to apply to the 2021-2022 URS thesis program! Session scheduled for September 8. Registration required.
REGISTER ON ERS
The Undergraduate Research Scholars (URS) thesis program seeks to provide eligible undergraduates with a graduate student experience by allowing them to participate in research and communicate their findings as principal authors to the University's scholarly community.
Undergraduates who participate in the Undergraduate Research Scholars program will ultimately:
- Produce a written undergraduate thesis to be published in the Undergraduate Research Scholars Capstone Collection in the Texas A&M OAKTrust Repository
- Make a public presentation
- Earn a university-level honors transcript distinction along with a URS medallion as official graduation regalia
- Acquire knowledge beyond the classroom
- Gain a better understanding of graduate school
- Improve their chances for acceptance into graduate or professional schools, fellowships, and grants
- Develop a professional network of students and faculty
To apply for the Undergraduate Research Scholars program, students must:
- Be actively involved in an independent undergraduate research project throughout both the fall and spring semesters under the mentorship of a Texas A&M faculty member
- Have completed at least 60 credit hours (junior status) of undergraduate course work
- Have at least 24 credit hours at Texas A&M University (12 hours if transfer student)
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPR of at least 3.0
- Be expecting to graduate May 2022 or later
Worried about COVID-19 restrictions or disruptions?
Do you plan to submit to a professional research journal?
Check out the Journal Style Thesis with 2 Templates Available